Exchanges, seguridad y hackers

https://twitter.com/PolyNetwork2/status/1675384703149568001?t=zfyT7PQ6P_3pAEcftMP-5Q&s=19

1 me gusta
2 Me gusta

https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/1686764372616515585?t=8siOnTlYl6evqNAR1R0a3Q&s=09

I want to share this (luckily) unsuccessful, but very clever and close scam incident from yesterday :point_down:. Saved $20m. Hope it may also save you one day.

The scammers are so good now they generate addresses with the same starting and ending letters, which is what most people check for when doing a crypto transfer. In fact, many wallets hide the middle part of the address with “…” to make the UI look better.

The scammer then use this address to send you dust transactions so that the address is shown in your wallet. Now, if you want to send to the legitimate address, you might just pick one previous transactions in your wallet and copy the address. You might just copy the wrong one. This is what happened yesterday, to a very experienced crypto operator.

Positive ending for this one. The operator noticed the error right after the transaction, and we were able to request the USDT to be frozen in time. It will now take some process, including filing a police report, to reclaim the funds back. But at least, the funds won’t leave with the scammers.

Fast reaction is key in these types of recovery.

Hope this will help you avoid these one day. Stay #SAFU! :pray:

4 Me gusta

Nunca copiar las direcciones desde nada que no sea tu gestor de contraseñas. Y aun así… el portapapeles.

Por otro lado, yo nunca hago eso. No copio la dirección desde la ultima transacción de mi wallet… La cojo del gestor de contraseñas o " de otro lado". De la opción “Recibir” del monedero normalmente.

2 Me gusta

En etherscan aparece una de esas casi al momento de enviar eth o algún token. Pero ya las marca como no confiables

1 me gusta

Y así sucesivamente…

Ahora le toca a AMD …para no ser menos

Pues eso …

Alguno utiliza gate.io ?? me sale esto al intentar registrarme. No sé si eso significa que no se puede usar el exchange o solo algunas funciones…

Yo lo utilizo y no he tenido problema hasta ahora. No recuerdo si al registrarme me salió ese texto o no

1 me gusta

Detecta drainers de wallets antes de que conectes la tuya y te avisa sobre transacciones o extensiones maliciosas.
Ni idea :roll_eyes:

Esta otra puede verificar si el contrato de cualquier token es malicioso
Ni idea :roll_eyes:

Y con esta herramienta podrás revocar contratos y transacciones maliciosas
Pues será :roll_eyes:

No es nuevo. Es en modo recordatorio.

:point_down:

Algunos piensan que aunque requiere un importante trabajo matemático adicional, pero en teoría ahora es posible descifrar ECDSA.
A saber…