TTIP aprobado en la Eurocámara

Con todo lo de Grecia, esto ni ha salido en los medios, pero parece que ayer mismo se votó sobre el TTIP (transatlantic trade and investment partnership) en la eurocámara, con una cómoda victoria a favor de él con 436 votos a favor, 241 en contra y 32 abstenciones. PP y PSOE han votado a favor.
Pronto seremos oficialmente los "Estados europeos Unidos de América"

So here are some of the things, I think, our global Over Class would like to achieve and how they intend to achieve them.

1. The Over Class must retain and consolidate their control over the global system of debt.

2. The power to regulate must be taken from nations and effectively controlled by corporations.

3. Professionalize governance. Democracy can be and must be neutered, and an effective way of doing this is to insist that amateur, elected officials MUST take the advice of professional (read corporate) advisors. Expand current law to enforce this.

4. The financial system badly needs un-encumbered ‘assets’ to feed the debt issuing system. A new way must be found to pry sovereign assets from public ownership. Such a new way is suggested.

5. In order to facilitate the political changes necessary, the public mind-set must be changed. National Treasures such as the NHS in Britain must be re-branded as evil State Monopolies.

6. Effective ways must be found to convince people that democratic rule is no longer sufficient to protect them.

7. An alternative to Democracy must be introduced and praised. That alternative must be the Rule of International Law as written and controlled by the lawyers of the 1%. People must be told that this is all that stands between them and an increasingly hostile and anarchic world. But that it can only keep them safe if it has absolute authority over democracy. People must voluntarily bow to it out of fear and its decisions must be as absolute and unquestionable.

5 Me gusta

A mi es un tema que me preocupa bastante, sobre todo lo que tiene que ver con salud, educación y pérdida de soberanía (europea y nacional). Volvemos a un lugar en el que la democracia no existe. Algo tan importante debería ser votado en referendum por todos los europeos.

1 me gusta

Leyendo “Understanding Power” de Noam Chomsky, anoche pasé por esta parte que habla de tratados de libre comercio. Es de una charla suya hace ~20 años, y repasa un poco lo que ocurrió con el NAFTA(north american free trade agreement) y GATT (general agreement on tariffs and trade), y mientras lo leía no pude evitar ver los paralelismos con el TTIP.

What do I think of that? I think it’s ridiculous-grotesque, in fact. Look,
G.A.T.T. is something of major significance. The idea that it’s going to be
rammed through Congress on a fast track without public discussion just
shows that anything resembling democracy in the United States has completely
collapsed.

N.A.F.T.A. was designed to be an investor rights agreement, not a “free trade” agreement–
and that it was going to drive the economies of each of the three participating
countries [the U.S., Canada and Mexico] down towards a kind of lowwage,
low-growth equilibrium; they didn’t say it of course, but it’ll also be a
high-profit equilibrium.

it was obvious that this thing was just going to have
a devastating effect on American labor, and probably also a devastating effect
on Mexican labor too, though of course it will be highly beneficial to
American investors, and probably also to Mexican investors. (cambiemos mexicanos por europeos)
It’s also certain to have a highly destructive effect on the environment-because its laws
supersede federal and state legislation.

In fact, it’s kind of striking that about a day or two after N.A.F.T.A. was
passed, the Senate approved the most onerous crime bill in U.S. history [the
Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act](ejem, ley mordaza, le patriot act, etc…)
which the House thenmade even worse. Now, I don’t know if that was just a symbolic
coincidence or what-but it makes sense. I mean, N.A.F.T.A. was clearly going to
have the effect of reducing wages for probably three-quarters of the American
population, and it’s going to make a lot more of the population superfluous
from the point of view of profits-so the Crime Bill just will take care
of a lot of them, by throwing them in jail.

Enlace de descarga del libro.
https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2F50.30.47.15%2FEbook%2FEnglish%2FUnderstanding_Power_The_Indispensable_Chomsky.pdf&ei=VIujVaXjFKKR7Aadmoj4Cw&usg=AFQjCNFFLA_fU-67vqeJqOaOIhpA0YKTcQ&sig2=fSN0Fs-c9gGf3bLEA8WcHA&bvm=bv.97653015,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Y el capítulo completo:

1 me gusta

At a pro-TTIP congress where the Belgian Foreign Affairs Minister was promoting the treaty, a flashmob of attendees stood up singly and then in bunches, singing “Do You Hear the People Sing?” a rousing revolutionary song from Les Miserables, as the moderator sputtered with comic ineffectualness into the microphone. It’s a hell of a video.

At this point, you may be asking yourself, well, so what? It’s not like interrupting this one meeting will stop TTIP from grinding on.

You’re right. This won’t stop it.

The reason TTIP and TPP are steamrolling on is that, like all the most dangerous evils in the world, they are profoundly boring. It is virtually impossible to get anyone out there interested in them, and so there’s virtually no discussion of them, even though they will affect every bit of your life and your kids’ lives, in ways large and small, ranging from whether the water in your tap comes out literally on fire to whether you’re entitled to compensation when your employer’s negligence maims you for life.