[MAIDSAFE] Hilo General

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579797.msg19153989#msg19153989

Thanks, interesting. But I have one little question - when will be Alpha-2 release? this spring or summer?

It’s always the ultimate question, when will they release what! Cheesy Cheesy I really can’t give an answer to that because I seriously have no idea. In the update they talk about releasing a local network for them to test, that’s always good news. One of the devs replied on the forum today that they will provide the SAFE Browser with mock routing as binaries tomorrow:

This is what other devs are waiting for, they already build stuff for themselves on the dev forum (How to build the SAFE Browser and upload a website with Mock-Vault - SAFE Browser - SAFE Dev Forum) but now they can just start the browser and build and test their apps locally against a fake network.

So in the coming weeks: 1). A testnet locally in Troon 2.) TEST 20 (guess they call it that) for everybody to join 3.) When that’s okay Alpha 2.

But there could be bugs/errors/security holes which they fix and release TEST 20b and/or TEST 20c. They could last a week, or only a few days…

This is where it gets very hard to predict. Alpha 2 could be here in 3 weeks, or 6 weeks or 9 weeks if it takes longer than expected. I really have no clue. The good news is that MaidSafe really test their stuff and that external devs can already build apps now. Will be easier tomorrow with binaries release. The most important thing IMO is the real start of the ecosystem. Apps, coins (not Safecoin) going from A to B, chats and more. Really curious what external devs come up with after they waited so long Grin.

thanks, you answered well and clear. A asked about alpha-2 because the price is standing at one place and it is not good.

3 Me gusta

Vídeo-demo de Frames, una app creada sobre Safenet tipo Youtube, tiene buena pinta:

3 Me gusta

Fotografía actual del proyecto por Irvine:

Testnets so far have shown

Decentralised nodes with basic data types
Self authentication
Early API for developers to build decentralised apps
Devs already creating apps that are surprising us all with the capability.
Then moved on to show

Autonomous network, working from homes as it should (with limitations due to security, but to show the design works)
We are now doing a large step to mutable data, this is in essence the new API we believe is more powerful and easier to use for devs. Also this includes a mechanism where users can have a single download and run app (authenticator). This is one large part of the work that is almost completed now, Already usable for devs in a local setting via mock interfaces (a dummy network if you like)

The next part is split in two

Data chains part 1 - Secure the autonomous network .

This is the options listed in the update recently, option A and option B. We did a lot of work on A and now are testing B via simulations and better definitions of the “rules” there. This part is producing resuls and we are happy enough there, but until it’s completed to our satisfaction, we will all be nervous :wink:

Data chains part 2, Record valid network data

This allows data republish by a node and is very important for network restarts, recovery of data etc. It is not as tough as part 1 as we pretty much already know how this works and have tested this with code. At least we anticipate it won’t be as hard at all.

These are the three items that bring us to a stable secured network and completing these will mean the team are finalising features, which everyone will see as rapid progress, but it’s much simpler than the current workload, which is quite intense and is core to the whole thing running securely and autonomous.

I hope this makes sense, it’s always harder pre launch as after launch people can just say “hey who cares how it does it, it works, see”, (although security people will need to know how and provide faith for those who cannot work that out) right now we sort of need to explain what we are doing and why. It makes it more technical really.

3 Me gusta

El precio del token de maidsafe está rondando los 20000 y llegó a tocar 23500 si todo sigue bien es la única de las gordas que aun se puede comprar a precio de ganga. A falta de que saquen hoy La actualización del desarrollo tras una lectura del foro oficial, en general no se espera que salga esta semana el Test 20 si no la semana que viene, eso si ya con mutable data y nuevas Apis para desarroladores. Tambien es general la opinión de que si sale bien el Test20 ya será el último antes de la Alpha2.
A continuación pego enlace de un mensaje del foro oficial que ya tiene unos días pero es muy explicativo de como va todo.
10 Hechos clave sobre la red Safe:

2 Me gusta

Realmente no ha subido como otras estas últimas semanas porque hay poco detrás que lo justifique ahora mismo. Con una alpha 2 que no sale ni para atrás es muy difícil justificar un pump. En ese sentido los devs podrían haber calentado el mercado fácilmente con alguna promesa de las suyas, y aprovechar así la locura alcista que vivimos, pero se han mantenido centrados en lo suyo y esperando su momento. Bien por ellos.

Dicho esto, y viendo como el mercado es capaz de poner en unos marketcaps impresionantes a proyectos que todavía tienen mucho por demostrar, tengo claro que si maidsafe es capaz de sacar la beta y cumple lo prometido el moon que va a tener va a ser colosal. Pero bueno, primero la alpha 2, que si va bien ya debería hacer que el precio rompa los ATH holgadamente.

2 Me gusta

Buenas tardes.

Por abrir un poco el debate, y utilizando un simil del futbol que usó Mourinho. “Hablais de Maid safe como si fuera zidane o Maradona”

Con todo lo que esta por venir, Y lo que hay hoy en dia con una gran market cap, pensais que aun pueda despegar este proyecto??
En que os basais por hablar de cascarse una luna, cuando es la numero 25 en el mercado.

Un saludo makinas

Ufff mucho curro explicarte todo desde cero, igual te lees el hilo y luego preguntas algo más concreto :wink:

Es un nuevo paradigma del internet que conocemos hasta ahora, un internet descentralizado, totalmente encriptado y por lo tanto resistente a la censura y el control de los gobiernos.

A su vez dividido en múltiples nodos similar al P2P actual en el que tienes múltiples fuentes de la información que hace imposible que nadie pueda tumbar dicha información en concreto puesto que no hay un origen único sino múltiple.

Es lo mejor que puedes hacer, empaparte de toda la información, que seguro que luego ya no solo podrás preguntar sino también ilustrarnos.

Lo bueno de todo este mundo es que según lees te puedes imaginar como lo harías tu y seguramente proporcionas otra manera de verlo al resto.

1 me gusta
3 Me gusta

Ya salió el update y nada como se esperaba. Aparte de zamparse unos tarros de miel que les han mandado pues que para el test aún queda algo:

SAFE Browser v0.2.19 and Web Hosting Manager v0.1.07 built against mock routing are available for download. The API docs have been updated (Node.js API1 and DOM API2).

We continue to test these features and we’re running soak tests to catch any remaining bugs and inconsistencies, as we want to make sure they won’t ruin the user experience. After these tests are done, we’re going to run an internal network and test it in a real-world environment.

The mutable-data branch in vaults also needs a few minor tweaks to catch up on changes that were made in the master branch, such as invitation-based accounts registration, so that’s also what we’ll be focused on for the rest of this week.

2 Me gusta

Entiendo que NVO va a correr sobre la safenetwork, pero todavía no hay safenetwork no?

Entonces, una de dos, o va a ser otro proyecto a largo plazo, que no lo parece, o bien ya está a punto de salir la safenetwork.

Alguien podría decir si esto es un proyecto de la gente del core de maidsafe o es algún otro grupo?

EDITO: En la página oficial el team no parece tener nada que ver con el core de maid https://nvo.io/#team, pero entonces, hasta que punto esta gente está en conexión con la gente del core para poder apoyar su tecnología sobre una red que de momento no es operativa?

Preguntale a Dallysalla :smile:

2 Me gusta

No veo nada en común entre el Team de uno y otro proyecto. Son totalmente diferentes y no me parece que sea una buena idea preguntarle por algo que tiene toda la pinta de ser la competencia.

:smiley:Lo decía en modo irónico. Este proyecto dejó de basarse en la red safe hace un tiempo y este Dallysalla dio bastante pataleo.

2 Me gusta

Ya hay red, aunque en alfa, y por eso ya hay muchas aplicaciones, en proyecto o funcionando, que corren sobre ella. De hecho las hay antes mismo del alfa: estaba safex, pero también Decorum y otras. Me da que va a haber tanta proliferación de apps, dapps y empresas en Safenet como hay actualmente en Ethereum.
Por cierto, yo también creo que cryptolandia le debe un buen pum a Maid.

1 me gusta

Los Hodlers de Maid tendremos nuestra recompensa. Sinceramente espero que para 2018 y con un lanzamiento de Beta asociado. Si es así puede ser tremendo.

Y totalmente de acuerdo, si miramos el foro de Maidsafe hay multitud de ideas para aplicaciones descentralizadas y proyectos. Con retraso y con todas las deficiencias del proyecto a mi me sigue pareciendo ilusionante, a ver si de verdad lo sacan adelante.

1 me gusta

Creo que no tienen nada que ver con el core dev de maid, el creador de nvo es un holder de maid.

1 me gusta