¿Quién es Satoshi Nakamoto? Vuelve Craig Wright

¿Quién es Satoshi?

Craig Steven Right,

quien nunca había sido planteado cómo posible, es el sospechoso de ser Satoshi Nakamoto.

Bastante extenso, pero de momento se le da legitimidad al tema, a ver que descubre la gente, porque ya en Reddit hay mucha gente buscando…

Viniendo de WIRED, y con lo sensacionalistas que son, hay que ser prudentes aun, pero al menos los indicios son interesantes, no cómo el Newsweekgate.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/craigswright

En este vídeo habla bastante y sale debatiendo con Nick Szabo este mes pasado:

The Evidence

The first evidence pointing to Wright appeared in mid-November, when an anonymous source close to Wright began leaking documents to Gwern Branwen, a pseudonymous, independent security researcher and dark web analyst. Branwen provided those documents to WIRED, and they immediately led to several direct, publicly visible connections between Nakamoto and Wright:

An August 2008 post on Wright’s blog, months before the November 2008 introduction of the bitcoin whitepaper on a cryptography mailing list. It mentions his intention to release a “cryptocurrency paper,” and references “triple entry accounting,” the title of a 2005 paper by financial cryptographer Ian Grigg that outlines several bitcoin-like ideas.

A post on the same blog from November, 2008. It includes a request that readers who want to get in touch encrypt their messages to him using a PGP public key apparently linked to Satoshi Nakamoto. A PGP key is a unique string of characters that allows a user of that encryption software to receive encrypted messages. This one, when checked against the database of the MIT server where it was stored, is associated with the email address satoshin@vistomail.com, an email address very similar to the satoshi@vistomail.com address Nakamoto used to send the whitepaper introducing bitcoin to a cryptography mailing list.

An archived copy of a now-deleted blog post from Wright dated January 10, 2009, which reads: “The Beta of Bitcoin is live tomorrow. This is decentralized… We try until it works.” (The post was dated January 10, 2009, a day after Bitcoin’s official launch on January 9th of that year. But if Wright, living in Eastern Australia, posted it after midnight his time on the night of the 9th, that would have still been before bitcoin’s launch at 3pm EST on the 9th.) That post was later replaced with the rather cryptic text “Bitcoin – AKA bloody nosey you be…It does always surprise me how at times the best place to hide [is] right in the open.” Sometime after October of this year, it was deleted entirely.

In addition to those three blog posts, we received a cache of leaked emails, transcripts, and accounting forms that corroborate the link. There’s a leaked message from Wright to his lawyer date June 2008 in which Wright imagines “a P2P distributed ledger”—an apparent reference to bitcoin’s public record of transactions known as the blockchain, long before it was publicly released. The email goes on to reference a paper called “Electronic Cash Without a Trusted Third Party” that Wright expects to release in 2009.

Another leaked email from Wright to computer forensics analyst David Kleiman, a close friend and confidant, just before bitcoin’s January 2009 launch discusses a paper they’d been working on together. Wright talks about taking a buyout from his job and investing in hundreds of computer processors to “get [his] idea going.” There’s also a PDF authored by Kleiman, who died in April of 2013, in which he agrees to take control of a trust fund, codenamed the “Tulip Trust,” containing 1.1 million bitcoins. The PDF is signed with Kleiman’s PGP signature, a cryptographic technique that ensures it couldn’t have been altered post-signature.

That million-coin trove—The Tulip Trust—is the same size as a mysterious bitcoin fortune that’s long been visible on bitcoin’s blockchain and widely attributed to Satoshi Nakamoto. No one but Nakamoto is known to have assembled such a massive hoard of the cryptocurrency, and only Nakamoto could have generated so many bitcoins so early in its evolution, when a bitcoin could be “mined” with relatively small amounts of processing power. Only one such bitcoin megapile exists, and the closely-watched coins haven’t moved in bitcoin’s entire history.

Another clue as to Wright’s bitcoin fortune wasn’t leaked to WIRED but instead remains hosted on the website of the corporate advisory firm McGrathNicol: a liquidation report on one of several companies Wright founded known as Hotwire, an attempt to create a bitcoin-based bank. It shows that the startup was backed in June 2013 by $23 million in bitcoins owned by Wright. That sum would be worth more than $60 million today. At the time of the company’s incorporation, Wright’s investment in that one firm alone represented more than 1.5 percent of all existing bitcoins, a strangely large stash for an unknown player in the bitcoin world.

The giveaways go on: There’s a leaked email from Wright to an associate in January 2014 about a tax dispute with the Australian government. In it, he seems to consider using Nakamoto’s name to wield influence with New South Wales Senator Arthur Sinodinos “Would our Japanese friend have weight coming out of retirement?” Wright asks. It includes a draft email to the senator signed “Satoshi Nakamoto.” And a leaked transcript of Wright’s meeting with attorneys and tax officials in February 2014 quotes him in a moment of exasperation: “I did my best to try and hide the fact that I’ve been running bitcoin since 2009,” Wright says. “By the end of this I think half the world is going to bloody know.”**

In a May 2013 blog post titled “Morning Manifesto,” Craig proclaims to himself and the world:

I will make a solution to problems you have not even thought of and I will do it without YOUR or any state’s permission! I will create things that make your ideas fail as I will not refuse to stop producing. I will not live off or accept welfare and I will not offer you violence. You will have to use violence against me to make me stop however.

3 Me gusta

Personalmente le veo un poco attention whore, así que no me extrañaría que sea un personaje que se ha montado la película a saber con qué fin.
Además se han hecho muchos análisis sobre cómo escribía Satoshi, y con este parece que hay bastante texto suyo para contrastar. Este análisis yo creo que será bastante concluyente también.

Si se confirmara, ¿creeis que podría provocar un buen rally? Pensad en toda la gente que no confía en bitcoin, porque piensa que es un invento de la NSA o algún gobierno o historias raras…

Tiene perfil en Amazon también, pero sólo con 3 reviews, y 2 son para castigar 2 libros. Solo esta es interesante:

Y el blog también lo ha borrado

Me acabo de leer el reportaje y realmente parece creible. Sobre todo que tenga la empresa con más del 1% de los Bitcoins que existen… Eso es un pelotazo bien gordo y no se da por casualidad.

Luego habrá que ver en las próximas horas toda la investigación que se haga extra para ver el alcance del asunto, pero borrar sus post, hilos, etc etc da mala espina. Esperaremos a ver que dicen.

GIZMODO - This Australian Says He and His Dead Friend Invented Bitcoin
Si se confirma que es este tío, vaya personaje. Todo lo contrario de la idea generalizada que había de Satoshi cómo alguien discreto.

https://youtu.be/j0JhBpSGKrM

Craig Wright is not modest. On the website of Panopticrypt, one of his many companies, Wright describes himself as “certifiably the world’s foremost IT security expert.” In a May 2013 blog post titled “Morning Manifesto,” Craig proclaims to himself and the world:

I will make a solution to problems you have not even thought of and I will do it without YOUR or any state’s permission! I will create things that make your ideas fail as I will not refuse to stop producing. I will not live off or accept welfare and I will not offer you violence. You will have to use violence against me to make me stop however.

Habrá que ver a todos los analistas escritura comparando textos de ambos para mirar similitudes.

Al loro que también podría ser un montaje de este pájaro:

Despite that overwhelming collection of clues, none of it fully proves that Wright is Nakamoto. All of it could be an elaborate hoax—perhaps orchestrated by Wright himself. The unverified leaked documents could be faked in whole or in part. And most inexplicably of all, comparisons of different archived versions of the three smoking gun posts from Wright’s blog show that he did edit all three—to insert evidence of his bitcoin history. The PGP key associated with Nakamoto’s email address and references to an upcoming “cryptocurrency paper” and “triple entry accounting” were added sometime after 2013. Even the post noting bitcoin’s beta launch is questionable. While it was ostensibly posted in January 2009, it later seems to have been deleted and then undeleted—or possibly even written for the first time—sometime between October 2013 and June of 2014.

De momento lo único que podría verificar su identidad de manera inequívoca es un mensaje firmado con la clave privada de Satoshi, mientras tanto, veamos como se desarrolla este culebrón XD

2 Me gusta

Joer que poco han tardado las fuerzas del Estado en ir a casa de Wright a pedir lo suyo… putos buitres carroñeros…

http://www.coindesk.com/police-raid-home-of-alleged-bitcoin-creator-craig-wright/

1 me gusta

Por lo poco q he leido, ni siquiera vive alli el tipo sino q esta arrendada a otra familia…

“Bitcoin CEO arrested again. We got him this time say government” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 me gusta

La policía australiana ha realizado un registro en las últimas horas de la casa de Craig Wright, un emprendedor de dicho país y supuesto creador de Bitcoin bajo el seudónimo de Satoshi Nakamoto, según reveló la información publicada aquíen Gizmodo y Wired en el día de ayer.

Según información recogida por The Guardian en Australia y Reuters, la operación se ha producido horas después de la publicación de ambos artículos en los suburbios de Sidney, donde se ubica la casa de Wright. El registro, al menos según un comunicado oficial de la policía, no estaría relacionado con ninguno de los dos artículos que implican que la identidad real de Satoshi Nakamoto, el pseudónimo que aparece en el paper que dio a conocer Bitcoin al mundo, es Craig Wright y su socio Dave Kleiman, un experto en ciencias forenses informáticas que murió en el año 2013.

De acuerdo a la versión oficial los motivos se deben, en su lugar, a una investigación en curso de la ATO (Australian Taxation Office), la entidad encargada de la recogida de impuestos en el país. No está claro hasta qué punto tal investigación está relacionada con el papel de Wright en la creación de Bitcoin.

La policía ha realizado un registro intensivo de toda la propiedad. Wright y su mujer ocupaban el domicilio en régimen de alquiler. El actual propietario de la casa, Garry Hayres, ha confirmado en Reuters que Wright poseía una “instalación informática considerable” y que además tenía establecido un sistema de alimentación “de 3 fases” en la parte trasera de la casa como fuente adicional de energía. Poco después, la policía también investigaba las oficinas de Wright en Sidney. [via The Guardian y Reuters]

http://es.gizmodo.com/la-policia-australiana-registra-el-domicilio-del-supues-1747043518 aquí la noticia del registo en español, algo más de información:

2 Me gusta

Otro medio que se hace eco, en este caso Genbeta: http://www.genbeta.com/actualidad/es-craig-steven-wright-el-creador-del-bitcoin-varios-medios-apuntan-a-el-y-ya-se-ha-registrado-su-casa

Y Xataka estuvo rápido anoche

Buena ampliación de la noticia: http://economia.elpais.com/economia/2015/12/09/actualidad/1449651392_913176.html

Está saliendo en medios generalistas, incluida la TV… interesante…

1 me gusta

¿Alguien tiene enlace a dónde lo mencionan en tve?

La noticia de El país mete unos patinazos alucinantes.

Los emails recibidos por Gizmodo apuntan a una relación
entre Wright y un veterano del ejército americano, Dave Kleiman.
Instalado en Palm Beach, en el Estado de Florida, Kleiman sufrió un
accidente de moto en 1995 que le confinó en una silla de ruedas. Fue
entonces cuando comenzó a aislarse del mundo y a obsesionarse por la
informática y los ordenadores. Meses después del accidente fue
encontrado muerto en su apartamento. Su cuerpo estaba en avanzado estado
de descomposición, rodeado de botellas de alcohol vacías y junto a una
pistola cargada.
Gizmodo asegura que tiene documentos que demuestran que
Kleiman poseía Bitcoins por valor de centenares de millones de dólares
americanos.

El colega de Wright tiene un accidente en 1995, se aisla del mundo (como si los ordenadores no fueran parte del mundo) y meses después del accidente (pongamos, el 2 de febrero de 1996) se le encuentra muerto, pero tiene bitcoins…
Habiendo muerto más de 10 años antes del bloque génesis!

Hoy, más de siete años después, se emiten 25 bitcoins cada 10 minutos y
solo en España se realizan 100.000 transacciones diarias. Muchas
empresas empiezan a aceptarlo como medio de pago (Microsoft, Dell,
Destinia…), la Reserva Federal de EE UU
estudia incorporarlo al sistema y gran parte de las inversiones de
Silicon Valley fluyen hacia revolucionarias firmas del entorno de esta
criptomoneda (230 millones de dólares solo en 2015). En España lo
utilizan despachos de abogados como Abanlex o empresas como Coinffeine
atraen ya la atención de todo el mundo por su vuelta de tuerca a la
descentralización del Bitcoin mediante la eliminación de las casas de
cambio del tablero.

2 Me gusta

La verdad es que si que es un poquito flipante, solo me lo había leido por encima pero vamos jajajaja tremendo!

No acostumbro a ver las noticias de TVE, lo más que he encontrado ha sido esto.

Por cierto, si queréis echaros unas risas os recomiendo esta:

Para empezar me gustaría saber por qué crear una moneda para internet desde tu casa en Australia es atacar al sacrosanto dólar.

Basta con ver el código de Bitcoin para tener la prueba de que fue lanzada en la fecha que se dice que fue lanzada.

La historia oficial del Bitcoin dice que fue creada en 2009 —eso sí— por un tal Satoshi Nakamoto, y no se sabe si el nombre ficticio responde a una persona o a un grupo.

Y, desde luego, es algo más que las monedas del second life.

Era, en teoría, una moneda virtual más de las muchas que circulan y han circulado por internet, por otra parte, algo tan común como los trueques o las monedas comerciales que se implantan en algunas ciudades, los cupones o las mismas monedas virtuales de juegos como Second Life o World of Warcraft. Actualmente circulan por la red unas 200 monedas virtuales (litecoin, namecoin…). Entonces ¿cuál es el problema?

Lo cual se puede comprobar en esta parte del mismo artículo (ojalá todos los artículos sobre bitcoin en medios generalistas comenzaran con estas palabras):

El Bitcoin es un sistema monetario descentralizado, anónimo y seguro,
independiente de las fluctuaciones que alienten las políticas de
Gobiernos y bancos centrales; es una moneda cifrada y con sistema de
circulación P2P, entre iguales.

1 me gusta

El culebrón de Satoshi Nakamoto es uno de los atractivos de Bitcoin… Tal vez sea una buena noticia para la comunidad descubrir quién es, pero aunque se confirme la identidad al 99% permaneceré atento a ese 1% que siga hablando de teorías y conspiraciones :sunglasses:

No había pensado en eso, pero si utiliza su firma digital, poco margen hay la verdad.
Pero la opción de que se la mandó otra persona para dejar de ser perseguida también sería una conspiración :joy:

1 me gusta